Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Nunc Licet as an Evangelization tool

  • It is no secret that I desire the stage play "Nunc Licet" to be used on a regular basis as a tool to help people garner an understanding of Emanuel Swedenborg and the existence of The New Church in Bryn Athyn.  
  • One of my goals is to create a production of this show that can be presented once or twice a year in conjunction with January 29 (the celebration of Swedneborg's birthday) and/or June 19th (the establishment of the New Church). Charter Day for the Academy might be another opportunity for such a presentation. 
  • The reality is that in order for this to happen there must be a solid group of people willing to dedicate the energy to, not only making this happen, but following through to keep it happening.
  • I will continue to strive for this goal, although I am no longer obliged to do so, as I feel that I am now free to explore other opportunities. This is due wholly to the fact that a reading of this show was presented before the 2011 Assembly in Bryn Athyn, an event which was my personal criteria for permission to pursue other worldwide possibilities for this show.
  • So it is that I am now willing to discuss mounting this show anywhere that someone or some group of people may like to do so.
  • As you may see in other postings or documents, I intend to pursue preparation of this show as a film, but I also would like to continue to refine the script material, not only in accordance with my objectives but taking into consideration other people's perspectives in this regard as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment