Monday, April 15, 2019

A presentation for The Assembly?

I'll develop a collection of thoughts here in this post.

1) I'm inclined to only seek a full production of the script as written.

2) We've had four workshops while it was being written and one abrieviated reading before the public.

3) It's clear to me that only a full production will produce the results intended, even if that appears to be a significant effort. The truth of the balance designed into the script cannot be determined any other way.

4) Although it is written in script form, it is not a Literary work and cannot be assessed from a Literary point of view. Nor can it be reshaped or refined any further without an active fully developed production, giving it a sense of reality.

5) There are elements that have been given clarity by the previous efforts, although those possible adjustments are not written in the current script.

6) I'm not sure about Directing a production. I've had a strong vision of how it should be, but with a coposetic partner, I might prefer to sit it out. If necessary, I would be willing to do it.

More later, AG

No comments:

Post a Comment