Thursday, September 12, 2019

A Film Version

Part of my plan is to set-up the green-screen in the studio for various purposes. I expect that stage to be a rehearsal stage as well. I had it in mind that we might install a set for "Nunc Licet" to produce a film version.

The truth is that the stage area is smaller than I'd like, but it could work. The plan that began to foment over 35 years ago, was to shoot the film at Cairncrest in Bryn Athyn. Stanley Rose was hot on that idea, in fact he is the one who suggested it. At that time, Carincrest was closed down and needed to be brought up to code. I've tossed that idea around for years and have thought about how to adapt the play for film.

Someone else made the effort to do a film adaptation of the play, but unfortunately it was without my participation or approval. I was distressed about that, so I never really studied her work. But from what she told me, she altered the premise of the relationship between two characters, which, although interesting, created an underlying deviousness that I found unacceptable.

Anyway, if we do build a producing team on this project, the theatre production needs to include documentary film and ultimately lead to a narrative film production. So the producing team needs to be committed to this degree.

AG

No comments:

Post a Comment