Monday, June 24, 2024

Update 6/24

  Not too much has been happening with "Nunc Licet" lately. My focus of attention, creatively is on "The Gnomes of New Hope". But in terms of advancing NL, I have been upgrading my video equipment to a three camera HDV set-up. I know it's not "the latest and greatest", but it quite sufficient for your production purposes.

  My goal is to finish constructing a 20'W x 18" D green screen/sound stage in building four of my studio. Once this is achieved I will be planning another production, basically rehearsals, of "Nunc Licet" and recording them on video. 

   As a filmmaker, coming up doing 16mn, I want to call it filmming, but that's not the case anymore. I can't remember the last time I ran film through my Bealieu R16 cameras, or any of the other ones I have.

   In any event, I have an assortment of video equipment that I've gathered over the years, now it's Canon XLH1, and XHA1.

   This XLH1 is intended for handheld shots.

   While these two cameras, on dollies, are for the sound stage set-up. I expect to acquire one or two jib arms for these two cameras. These cameras are matched to my editing systems. I will be looking for operators familiar with these cameras, since I will be directing the actors on this project.

   So we are getting there, in terms of being set up for implementing and capturing a stage presentation. The goal is to perform the script, as written, for the cameras. Sets and costumes will come after we have a solid crew and run the show through. 

   Refinements are inevitable, but they will only take place after we run it as written. The current Revision is 14.

   Anyone interested in participating, in any degree, contact me through the Image of the Mind Studios Virtual Studio 

AG

No comments:

Post a Comment