Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Film Version of the Play

  

   Making a film version of this play has been on my mind for years and a number of people have been discussing this with me lately. So I thought I'd post a photograph of the location that I would like to shoot this film and I have discussed this with a few people.

(I do not have the photographs on this computer just yet, so I will add them later)

Here is a link to their web page;


   If it is agreed that we can use this location, it is only because the subject is of particular interest to the community where this property is and the fact that the building is owned by The Academy of the New Church. Our conversations on this subject have led me to understand that the property is generally not available for film work, but we may be able to use it because the film is about Emanuel Swedenborg.

   Should we move into filming at this location, we will need to have already established a relationship with a major film distributor, because the cost of shooting at this location will be significant. I will be looking to associate with producers who are capable on managing a major production. Such a production must be able to accommodate both union workers and members of the community who are not union.  We will be attempting to provide work for the community as a primary goal, so this will be a foundational requirement.

   As it stands now, participation in this project is on an individual basis and any theatrical producer who mounts, in whole or in part, a stage production of this play has the right to participate in the film. Of course all participants in the proceeds of this film must be vested.

No comments:

Post a Comment